I am Naeema Ibrahim aka Nemo-The Artist, The owner of Nia Arts, I luv all artistic and creative stuff like photography, makeup, knitting, sewing, crafting, scrapbooking and all glittery sparkly things and i love playing with colors and u can expect anything on this blog J

Friday, April 22, 2011

UD - Naked Palette

I finally own this palette!! (ya ya i know i'm late infact tooooo late hehe)
Absolutely love this palette. I gave into the hype and bought it for myself.  I'd been looking for month. I purchased the palette that has the primer and eye shadow brush.
For under $50, you get quite a bit for your money. This is the 1st palette that I've owned by UD and by far is my favorite. I used this and it worked out wonderfully.

Some of the colours had some fallout however I expected that being that a good majority of the colors are shimmery & soft. They are all richly pigmented as I expect from Urban Decay. The brush is quite nice, I didn't use it yet but I tried it out and it packs on color very well. Primer is just what it is. I don’t think there's any other eye shadow base I want to use although I have used too faced eye shadow primer that works same as UD PP !


Now a lil about the shades:
  • VIRGIN eyeshadow is a very soft creamy colour with a slight sheen,you can apply it  on the lid and also use as a brow highlighter.
  • SIN looks very light in the pan but when swatched it comes out slightly darker. It’s a pinkie colour with a satin finish.
  • NAKED is a matte light brown colour which is especially smooth and satiny in texture. 
  • SIDECAR is a shimmery  brown+ bronzy colour with a  slight bit of glitter.
  • BUCK is the only matte colour in this palette. It’s very similar to NAKED in both texture and colour but lil darker than NAKED.
  • HALFBAKED is a  bronzy shimmery colour.
  • SMOG compliments HALFBAKED very well. It is very pigmented and a gorgeous dark brown with a satin finish.
  • DARKHORSE is  really a dark brown colour, it has a lil amount of tiny glitter in it but it's hardly noticeable.
  • TOASTED  is a lovely browny pinky  colour which compliments SIN beautifully.
  • HUSTEL is very  close to DARKHORSE its got a beautiful purply undertone.
  • CREEP is  a beautiful black colour actually dark grey – almost black, with silver sparkles. GORGEOUS!
  • GUNMETAL is a  grey color and  this shadow has also silver glitter in it .


My only qualm is that it’s so hard to find (whose gonna buy again when somebody already owns it lol stupid me ) however I think it lives up to its hype as being a great neutral palette. Its travel friendly and you can create so many different looks with it.


Versatility= value in my book. :)

Here's the pix of the swatches* and naked palette and brush and primer 




Click each Photo to enlarge









With Flash



without Flash

* i googled the pix of sawtches ,ONLY THE SWATCHES PIX, these are not mine actually i swatched each shade myself but mistakenly deleted those pix, Sorry, but my swatches were just like these swatches infact these are more organized than mine
 


Disclaimer: I am NOT being paid to make this post. All opinions are my own and 100% honest, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment